Sunday, June 15, 2008

Full day ahead of us

Yesterday we attacked our Saturday with gusto, with me up on the roof cleaning out the gutters and bryan piecing together our guest bathroom. everything here in indiana (maybe the entire midwest) grows so quickly! Our yard must be mowed at least once a week, though it would probably benefit from two times, and the gutters! Wow - i had no idea vegitation could grow like that - we had been a little lax during the winter, and then when a big storm came, a big gust put tons of leaves and debris in them and all of a sudden we had more growth in the gutters than in the garden.

Speaking of our garden, i think we're going to forgo planting our main one this summer, which is kind of sad - we both look forward to the fresh veggies so much, but this year Bryan tried to start ours early from seed and they were doing great until they had two run ins with puppy Delilah and then got rain soaked when we moved them outside. I guess we'll redouble our efforts for next year.

Yesterday we had planned on having some friends over for a bbq, and we scurried around, cleaning, dusting, arranging this and that - only to decide to go to their house at the last second :) Okay by us really, the clean house was a treat to come home to.

Now I'm up and going to work for a little bit on class preparation and Bryan is in the next room, enjoying the sunny morning by sleeping. .

3 comments:

Jenny said...

hey, thanks for popping in over at my blog...I still have some curtains to make downstairs and perhaps I'll be able to do a tutorial while making those. I'll likely post it on the front porch blog...stay tuned!

__ said...

Hi Jesse:

This is Sarah from Classic Bride. I couldn't find an e-mail address for you but the cake toppers are still for sale. If you e-mail me at theclassicbride@gmail.com I can give you some info + pricing. :o)

Thanks,
Sarah

Jenny said...

you've stopped blogging...but I'm glad you're still checking us out over at rentonforlife ;)

as for the hair...well, my hairdresser was hospitalized the night before my wedding and couldn't do my hair. i had to find someone last minute and the bridesmaids did their own. sorry i couldn't be more help. good luck!