Monday, July 12, 2010

Catching Up

(Olive enjoying the outdoors at the Art Museum)

Where has the time gone? And I missed 10 on 10 - drat! June was a busy month - full of a month long visit from my mother to help with Miss Olive (something I don't think i could have done without!), and lots of baby related fun. Olive continues to grow - past 10 pounds at her 2 month checkup and going strong. I have to say - I'm elated that we've passed the waking up every 2 hours mark, though I mentally cross my fingers every time i say we've "passed" something.

Tonight is so far, so good: planning a short run with Bry, O, and Delilah, then dinner (chicken and cous cous with salsa!), then movie night. Runs are still very hard - my goal is to run for 30 mins straight by the first week of August, so I can be on track for my "novice to mini marathon" training I'm starting for a run in october. We'll see - right now that goal, and my little goal of 30 mins, seem around a corner that i can't see.... but progress works like that i guess..

I've also started putting things together and making lists for my first plane trip with O this Friday - I'm nervous, though I know moms with multiple kids do this all the time. I'm sure it will be great - I like being a little team with my girl, doing things for the first time together that seem scary - grocery shopping, walking, running, all those tasks you take for granted until you have a little one that comes along with you.. and it will be even better when we have Bryan to fly with us home - the three of us is the best :)

4 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

i so loved reading this post from you today, jesse. you sound like you are doing so great. are you flying to seattle? i hope so! xoxox

Casey said...

Oh I remember the first time I flew with Cora...I was alone too! It actually wasn't bad at all, and in fact I wish I took advantage of it when she was younger--now it just seems impossible!

Jenny said...

first plane ride? i'm sure she'll do awesome...Wes' first one was a few weeks ago at 19 months!! He actually surprised me, so I'm sure Olive will sleep the entire time ;) best of luck.

glad to hear that Olive is sleeping a bit better too!

Jesse said...

Kristen - Yes, I AM flying to seattle :) I'll be in town basically from the 24th/25th to the 6th of August - will you be around for a visit? I can work with your schedule :) The first week I'll be in Oregon visiting with Bryans family..I would Love to see you, I've been such a bad friend, and hope you know that the cards and notes and letters you've sent are all on my nightstand, being re-read for inspiration - they really do lift me up!

Casey - i know - traveling with a toddler seems all the more harrowing, thats what i keep telling myself :) See - you're a perfect example of a lovely mother whose done it and lived...

Jenny - was that really Wes' first plane trip - wow, he did great! And yes, I'm hoping Olive will sleep the entire time too, we shall see.. oh, and that tank top stretched out was such a cute fashionable idea - it looked great on you... I'm very happy that Olive is sleeping better too.. i think we hit a point where she knew she was making me insane and didn't want her mom to cry any more?