Thursday, May 24, 2007

Starting off Again

So here I am again, giving blogging a third (or fourth) chance...I go back and forth with it so much. On the one hand, i can't ever get past the feeling that really, who cares what I feel, think, see on a daily basis, etc. It also feels awfully open, that if i wanted to do this "right" and make it interesting, i would have to be really talking, thinking, and typing a relative stream of conscience and that makes me a bit nervous. However, as much as I've sat with these two inhibitors, i am more and more impressed with the words and thoughts of so many other bloggers out there, friend or otherwise! i spend so much time reading them, peeking in on friends lives from afar, or reading recipes, fashion critiques, book reviews, etc. that i wanted very much to join this group and find a way to journal a bit of my days and thoughts with people that are close to me but far away.
so hurray for third attempts!

I'm actually at work right now (! oy) but its a slow day and I'm trying to tick off the hours before I'm free to go home. Bryan and i managed to rev ourselves out of bed early this morning (we've been trying to do this for a week or so now) and did our daily run in the early morning hour --- much nicer in my opinion, since its already getting hot and humid here in the evening in preparation for summer. Running in the early morning when there was still a bit of a chill is nicer for all of us, although Bryan is challenging to talk out of bed that early. Milo on the other hand, is up and at 'em, putting the rest of us to shame.

Big bookend weekends for us here - last weekend my dad was out for a short visit. in just 2.5 days we managed to construct a clothesline AND tour covered bridges... we also fit in there a viewing of the Suns getting eliminated and some old school submarine action in "hunt for the red October." This weekend coming up my good friend that goes by the nickname Sattarnillasskorn is going to be in town - along with everyone else for the INdy 500! it will be great to see her; i've already got sex in the city season 1 waiting for our viewing pleasure

tonight i think i will make some blueberry muffins, from my gma's recipe. who knows though, im always a little overly optimistic about things when im at work. i make lists that are long and impossible to accomplish all the time, especially at work. but i like cooking muffins, it makes me feel quaint and domestic, and i have a perfect new apron to bake in...

2 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

So very happy to see you here, my dear! Your sidebar looks great! I hope you do get to those muffins this evening. I can just picture you in your apron, in your kitchen, with Milo keeping you company, evening sun shining through the windows.

Jesse said...

Kristen - Ha! thanks for the sidebar praise - i finally got it all figured it out; you should have seen my attempts before.. muffins came out great, and milo did indeed keep me company - his nose is so big it seems to be everywhere all the time!