Monday, July 16, 2007

MONDAY!!!!

So its Monday, and so far its been zipping along beautifully. work is keeping me busy, but I'm taking little moments here and there to catch up on the bloggies and news, and just to daydream a bit.

I stopped at Starbucks this morning, a habit I've been weening myself from lately, but i did make a wonderful summertime purchase there today - a travel mug on sale covered in blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and little orange flowers - not sure why i love it so much, but it reminds me entirely of the wild berries that grow on vashon island, and of summertime in general. i dub it my favorite official travel mug, the apple of my eye on my morning drive. .

Ive been toying with the idea of getting some fresh produce delivered on a regular basis to our house - anyone have experience with that and opinions? I would be worried that the boy and I couldn't get through it all and it would go to waste. But i really like the idea and would love to get behind local farmers and fresh food delivered to our doorstep - something to think about I guess.

We had a great weekend - ended up not going to see Bob Dylan, and instead just staying home barbecuing hamburgers and eating green beans, and splitting up the household chores based on the outcomes of PingPong games. Guess who had to the dishes AND cook the champion breakfast? Ah well - I won the important one - lunch at Bentos Teriyaki when we're home (and i actually don't mind washing dishes, its a fun easy chore that makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something). We capped off the night with a few episodes of "Northern Exposure" and then i tucked myself into bed, cozy against the wall, happy and contented.

We started the week off right this morning with a run, first thing. Unfortunately for both Bryan and Milo I had Gwen Stefani in my head, a result of our alarm radio station this morning, and insisted on sharing it most of the way. i think the only thing Bryan hates more than New Wave Gwen Stefani music is me singing it at 7am. Such is life i guess! We'll probably go for a run when we get home tonight too, as we've invented a "scoring system" for our daily jogs. If both of us go in the morning and in the evening, we each get a point. if only one of us goes (say me in the morning, or bryan in the afternoon) that person gets 2 points - at the end of the week you get to cash in your points and win a prize if you're ahead. Yes, we compete in a lot of things - I have yet to win a week, but he wont get ahead of me so early in the week! i Will WIN!

Both of us are looking forward to this week, as there's nothing major happening in it at all - i love weeks like that...

No comments: