Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday Morning

Ok, I fear for a little bit this might become a doggy blog, or at least until that stops being in the forefront of my mind. Bear with me - I promise i will stop at some point!

We've had Delilah now for 5 days - whoa! Today is the first day her and milo have the house to themselves, although really they just have the run of the garage and living room. they've been playing like mad, and by mad i mean like two 12 and 14 year old boys, with enough teeth on neck action to prompt Bryan into saying "i hope you never have two boys" because i was constantly looking at the two of them uneasily. I admit it - i worry. I try to stop it and then the worries just come rolling back over me! So i guess this will be a good time to try and cut that out eh? Bryan's going home to check on them this afternoon at lunch and hopefully there will still be 2 dogs, 1 cat, and some relativly intact living space for two humans.

It's funny though, how much like kids these two are. Milo, who has never been a huge eater, and who we've struggled with to get weight on his bones, is now the worlds best eater. If Delilah eats, Milo will twice as much. If she wants to drink, he'll put her to shame with slobbering up twice as much water. its pretty funny how he tries to out-do her in everything. She of course, goads him on - again and again and again, stirring him up again when they've finally gotten setttled down.

Back at work today - isnt it funny how its always that much harder to go back to work after you've had mucho time off? It was a huge task to get out of bed this morning, out from under the oh so warm flannel comforter and pillowcases and into the rainy wet to walk the beasts. In other weekend news though, we found an Indian grocery store! this was awesome - so much mint chutney to be had! It was a great store, and I'm sure I will be back to investigate, although this time i wont bring two dogs, one of whom apparently likes onion naan.

Also, I found the blog of my friend, outstanding vballer of the past, Jackie! How cool it was to find her online and get reconnect and see what she's up to. One of the many perks of the internet i think. We're having turkey soup tonight (the last of our leftovers - yeeeesss!) and we'll probably watch the Pburgh v. Miami to see if i hold onto my league in fantasy football and pickem!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Mmm your soup sounds tasty! :) It would be perfect over here in Seattle as it is a cold and dreary day.

And isn't the internet amazing? Although I truly detest Myspace, it has put me in contact with several high school friends that I have completely lost contact with...

Happy Monday!

Kristen Gough said...

jesse! congrats on the new member of your family! i'm looking forward to more stories! your posts are delightful. :) love you, kristen